Exactly one month after my emergency surgery to have more endo and cysts removed....here comes the exact same pain again. Off to the hospital, though this time the pain is not near as severe. Examed, doc says cysts....not just one or two....several on both ovaries. WTH! I can stay in the hopsital where they can give me pain meds and do an ultra sound in the morning again or go home and take pain meds and go to my own GYN in the morning. I opt for the second. I mean if they are just gonna do the same thing I can do at home I'd rather sleep in my own bed where I can actually get some sleep.
Went to GYN this morning and said look...I'm really tired of this pain. What are my options? He said basically to suck it up for another month, hopefully I'll get pregnant when we try IVF again and then I'll have 9 months of relief from the endo and cysts. Ok....what happens when I DO or don't get pregnant...have the child or don't cause it didn't work out....and the endo and cysts are back? Then what? He tells me that the uterus and ovaries are not longer taken out like in the time of my mother. This would cause the body to go into menopause over night and would wreak havvoc on the body. Instead, a hormone therapy is used to gradually bring the body into menopause.
It is pretty simple...ovaries make the hormone estrogen...estrogen feeds the endo. No estrogen (hence relief during pregnancy) no endo. Except of course for what is left in my body at that time. So.....that is where I am at now.
Oh! And by the by....have been having a lot of trouble with my stomach. I have had reflux for the last 5 years but now it has gotten almost unbearable so I am on my reflux meds twice a day now and chewing on tums during the day. Going for a scope in a couple of weeks to see if I have a bacteria in my stomach (helicobacter) and/or an ulcer. Also, internist says it is possible that I have endo cells on the outside of my stomach. Great! Just where I need them! Oh and the emergency doc last night was telling us that these endo cells can go anywhere in the body. Even in the lungs! So when you get your period or are about to and your body is producing estrogen like crazy...guess what? Wherever that endo is...it reacts to the estrogen and enlarges. Thus, pain wherever it is.
Ya just gotta love it! Well, I look at it this way....there are worse illnesses in my family that could have been passed down to me. Both grandmothers had diabetes. Maternal grandmother had glacoma. Maternal grandfather died of bone cancer. Paternal grandfather had dementia.
More later. Have an appointment with my RE on Tuesday. Will check back in then. Have a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment