Thursday, October 7, 2010

2nd ultra sound

Had my second ultra sound this morning to see if the cyst had shrunken anymore.  Good news!!!  It shrunk another centimeter.  So the doc said we could go ahead and start with the IVF.  She wrote out my scripts and I went to the pharmacy a happy camper.  Then I had to pay for my meds and wasn't so happy...LOL!  for two shots and two meds that I need during this treatment it cost me over 500 euros.  I have to pay 50% of the treatment.  My insurance pays the rest.  So we are off to the races as they say.  God willing it will take on the first time.  I am trying not to get my hopes up because I am one that doesn't handle disappointment well at all.  But I am still praying that it will take on the first try. 

I am a mix of different emotions.  From don't even think about it to what if it's a girl?!!!!  OR what if it's twins!!!!!  My hubby was very happy about it when we talked this morning.  He's always wanted more children.  If it was up to him we would have already had 3 or 4.  But God had other plans for us. 

I start taking my stimulation shots this evening.  The doc said I could start taking them right away as the down regulation shot I had taken several weeks ago wouldn't bring on a period any way.  So I basically have no cycle. 

This is how it works as of right now....I take the stimulation shots for the next 10-14 days.  (a 'pen' that I shoot myself with every day)  During the last few days, depending on how the u/s are looking and how fast my ovaries produce any eggs then we will go to the clinic and have some eggs removed from me.  They call it punkution.  They basically puncture your stomach and retract them that way with a needle.  (no I will not be awake during this).  Then they will fertilize the eggs there (that's one reason hubby has to be there that day).  After a few days (between 2 and 5) the fertilized eggs will be transplanted to me.  They will only transfer two eggs.  One due to my age and the other due to the fact that I really only want one or two more children. 

Oh!  I forgot to tell you!  During the u/s this morning she looked at my right ovary (the one that is cyst free right now) and there were a bunch of black spots on it.  I asked her what that was and she said it's follicles.  I said that's good right?!  She kind of laughed and said yes, that's very good.  Ok, so what does that mean you ask?  It means that my right ovary is making eggs.  Even with the down regulation shot the ovaries will still produce eggs they just won't release them.

So, now you ask, then how are the eggs going to be released with you giving yourself shots to stimulate the ovaries....two of the meds she wrote me this morning are for that.  They are tablets and the cause the ovaries to release the eggs right before they do the punctuation. 

That's it for now.  Will post more as I will have an appointment next week for an u/s.  This is routine my doc said.  They keep the ovaries under close control to try to keep from over stimulating them.  Then she will also see if my shots need to be upped or decreased. (the dosage I mean)   Will also let you know if I am having any side effects or not.  Say your prayers for me!!!!!  Thanks for the ones you've said so far...

1 comment:

  1. I knew it! I've been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and I'm SO happy to see this news! I'm also super excited for you! May Allah, subhana wa ta'ala, grant you a healthy pregnancy soon! And just so you know... I am now considering myself an auntie to your son... and your future baby(ies!) too!

    ReplyDelete