Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Update

Ok, so I didn't get to really finish my last post.  Can't rememeber what happened but I ended up posting instead of just saving it...anyhooo....

I had an ultra sound yesterday (Monday) and we could see 6 follicles on the right side and 4 on the left.  They were all between 15 and 22 mm.  (which is really good)  Just so you get the idea...normally a woman will produce one to two follicles during a normal cycle.  The shots I have been giving myself were to stimulate the ovaries and create more, which it did!

Had a chat with the anesthetist before I left the clinic yesterday.  The procedure will take place on Thursday morning.  It is done under general anesthesia and lasts max half an hour.  Then of course there is the two to three hours afterwards you have to wait to make sure you're ok, etc.  Hubby will be there and will have a fresh sample of his stuff ready for them that morning.  I had to laugh about it....these docs let your husband ejaculate at home and bring it to the clinic.  Instead of them having to go into the bathroom and do their thing.  I am sure it is a lot less embarrassing for them this way. 

Anyway....so the procedure goes like this...they puncture the follicles and withdraw the fluid and any eggs that might be in there.  (no, there is no guarentee that there is an egg in the follicle...but I am praying)  Then the eggs, if any, are put under the microscope and checked out.  After that the eggs are put together with the sperm and they are left in an incubator.  Then after this....we will wait 5 days for them to become blastocells.  It seems that when the transfer takes place after 5 days instead of the usual 2-3 days there is less chance of a tubal pregnancy since the zygot is bigger. 

Now, after all this is said and done and the zygots (they will insert two) have been inserted....we wait two weeks to take a pregnancy test.  The chance of me becoming pregnant is 25%.  (age, endometriosis, etc. taken into account)  I am banking on God and what He knows is best. 

The next few weeks will be hard I know.  I have stoped taking my meds (anti-depresstion, stress) and have cut down on the cigs to almost nil.  Will post after the procedure on Thursday.  I take one more shot tonight.  It is the shot to allow the follicles to release from the ovaries.  Since I took a shot to send me into menopause, my body can't do it on it's own.  But this is normal for all women that go through this procedure.  So, tonight at 11pm I will take one last shot.  Then Thursday morning after we drop off my son we are off to see the wizard....

til then!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! It looks like things are going according to plan, alhamdulelah! I'm so EXCITED for you! I can't wait to find out the results! Wishing you soooo much good luck and sending you ~*~viable eggs/blastocell~*~ vibes!

    ReplyDelete